Friday, September 4, 2015

Goldilock's Plate | Happy Labor Day Loves


I made this for myself when I wanted nothing else than potato chips last weekend for breakfast. I challenged myself to make something crazy good from scratch that would help me forget and I began pulling organic vege goodness out of my fridge...

Color me happy, I forgot about those darn chips and created a dish worthy of breakfast, lunch or dinner.

It filled me up juuuuuuuust right. And so I named her:

Goldilock's Plate

1 golden beet spiralized (find some spiralizer gadgets here. I have the Benriner and GEFU)
3 rainbow chard leaves torn (ribs diced)
1 red onion diced
8 oz shiitake mushrooms diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 avocado sliced
2 eggs (All Ways Healthy has farm fresh local Amish ones AND they passed the water test!)
2 T chopped fresh cilantro 
Ghee (or crazy good butter)
Salt & pepper

Sauté a soffritto of diced chard rib, onion, mushroom, garlic, sea salt, pepper in a little ghee on med/low heat for 25 minutes until soft and fragrant. Arrange ripped chard leaves (bite size) on a plate and spoon the soffritto over top. In the same pan, add a little more ghee and cook two eggs (I like mine a little runny). Layer the eggs on top of the soffritto and arrange the sliced avocado, spiralized beets and chopped cilantro on top. Season to taste! Next time I'm going to add a little sriracha!

<----------

I'm having lots of fun in the garden + kitchen with our tomatoes lately;) I'm also missing my friend Terri so much. She just translated this lovely post from her home@home blog for me on Facebook and I have to say I'm tearing up a bit...

Find Terri's Dutch home@home blog post here (my browser translates it for me!).
Find her translated Facebook post here.
The delicious recipes we cooked together are included, enjoy!!



I'll be soaking up the last dog days of Summer this weekend and I want to wish your table full of good food, family and friends. Mine will be busting at the seams I hope:)

Happy Labor Day USA!!


Let's go LIGHTSPEED!

XoxoL













2 comments:

  1. this dish looks REALLY good!!! but i so cannot get over your TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe those puppies!?!? So many and that was just our first batch! I am loving them so much :) Thanks Bunny love xoox

      Delete

Tell me what you think....